Sticks and Bones

The first part of a chronicle of a crush-turned-obsession. I'm sorry, Julie.


To experience this in natural reading order go to A Bright, Ironic Hell: The Straight Read .


Also, try Satellite Dance and Crystal Delusions--Parts 2 and 3, respectively--complete.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

There's a Difference? (7/8/08 Tuesday)

I'm enjoying the book.  It's good to know there can be literature within a genre that makes no pretense of transcendence from the genre.  I will make no attempt to talk to Julie about this book.  As a test of her interest, I will wait on her initiative, though I'm still waiting on that relative to The Waterhorse  movie and the Hamish MacBeth series'.  Why should this be any different?

The birthday ideas are still swimming through my head, none of them landing in the net.  I'm toying with a simple flower or two.  Will she even work that day, though?  I thought of taking that whole week off, depending on how audacious the Fool lets me be about a birthday gift--the more audacious, the longer I should take off.  And by audacious I mean the relative likelihood of my giving away the game.

I've given up listening to baseball on the internet, and I almost never watch TV.  Even my reading has taken a turn from the Scottish track I've been following for more than three years.  Have I now dedicated myself to the pursuit of Julie? or have I simply become obsessed?

No comments: