Sticks and Bones

The first part of a chronicle of a crush-turned-obsession. I'm sorry, Julie.


To experience this in natural reading order go to A Bright, Ironic Hell: The Straight Read .


Also, try Satellite Dance and Crystal Delusions--Parts 2 and 3, respectively--complete.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Well, Okay--Maybe a Sticky Note (10/31/08 Friday)

I transcribed a clean copy of the latest draft to hear again the words in my head and get a running start at the next paragraph. Then I stared out the window with slitted eyes and beetled brow for the better part of half an hour. I looked again at the last paragraph. Slowly, a grin both humble and smug stretched my face. I turned back to the first page and wrote at the top "The Work of Art and the Piece of Work." Then I had a good laugh, and I'm still having it. There it is in a nutshell, the definition of this entire endeavor--the attitude, the ridiculous futility, the irrational hope. The title was all of my original output of nearly three hours, yet I felt as productive afterwards as if I'd filled a book.

No comments: