Sticks and Bones

The first part of a chronicle of a crush-turned-obsession. I'm sorry, Julie.


To experience this in natural reading order go to A Bright, Ironic Hell: The Straight Read .


Also, try Satellite Dance and Crystal Delusions--Parts 2 and 3, respectively--complete.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Third Time's the Harm? (5/03/09 Sunday)

So I go into battle a third time--and let this be the last time I use a war metaphor for this meeting with Julie. This isn't something to win, a flag to capture. It's my last best chance to mend things. There is a lot I want, a lot I can't ask for, a lot to tend to. I'm taking my lessons from the first two chances: I can't be aggressive or accusatory, but neither can I be abject or excessively apologetic; frank, but not toward a selfish agenda (remember: she has no feelings for me, and I can't change that); tell her how I feel, and ask her how she feels; any time I want to start a sentence with "I don't want to..." consider and solicit Julie's feelings on the matter--don't assume how she feels in relation to my behavior; that's self-flattery and condescension. There is much I have to say, but it must relate to my behavior. My first instinct will be that of subservience and penitence. I will be tempted to let her whip me, but I can't apologize for my feeligns, only my immature actions. This is as deeply as it's safe to strategize without gagging on a replete agenda.

2 comments:

Expat From Hell said...

The confusion only lies on this side of the conversation. I am moving closer to the edge of my seat. Please don't wait too long to do this. Or to post again!

EFH

Dion Burn said...

What a demanding public! Your wish is my command!