Sticks and Bones

The first part of a chronicle of a crush-turned-obsession. I'm sorry, Julie.


To experience this in natural reading order go to A Bright, Ironic Hell: The Straight Read .


Also, try Satellite Dance and Crystal Delusions--Parts 2 and 3, respectively--complete.

Friday, January 9, 2009

I Can Clearly See Now and Then (1/08/09 Thursday)

I didn't realize how much I'd missed the sun until I saw it drawing the shade from the building across the way. The week has been wet but not cold. It's been no bother riding in it, just preparing for it. But it hasn't helped my mood, and now the bike squeaks. It's eight now. I've been awake a few hours, mostly writing farewells in my head. How could I ever really speak my mind, though? I don't care about burning bridges; I'd never willingly go back there. But neither will I pick sour grapes. Many people were not involved, and I don't need to leave them scratching their heads. I know all of this is getting ahead of things, that it might all be precluded by a simple lack of accommodation from Tuckahoe, but it feels therapeutic; it helps me sort out my feelings. The sun has faded.

No comments: