Sticks and Bones

The first part of a chronicle of a crush-turned-obsession. I'm sorry, Julie.


To experience this in natural reading order go to A Bright, Ironic Hell: The Straight Read .


Also, try Satellite Dance and Crystal Delusions--Parts 2 and 3, respectively--complete.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Frankentale--Preface (2/07/09 Saturday)

Though I've professed to myself, Kevyn, James, and Stacey that whatever happens with Jan happens and will not be adorned with hope, I am excited to be seeing her again. There is no spark of romance, just a feeling of newness, of stepping off in a new direction not simply without fear but with ready anticipation. Call that hope if you like, but that would be premature, and I want nothing about this to be premature. Everything in its time. But as I was showering I thought it would be nice to have a tale to tell Monday if anyone should care to ask about my weekend. And I would want Julie to hear it. (The audience sighs and shakes its head.) In the moment, at the bakery, I will make nothing of anything, and afterwards, on paper, I will subdue the event in reportage, but Monday, at work, I will breathe a life into it, deservingly or not. I'm a storyteller, after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dion, I read through your blog and offered a few comments. Really good writing, very descriptive and witty. I think you will continue to feel better from this point forward, but will always feel something for Julie. At least, that's the way it works for me. The struggle for me is always to allow the feelings without denying them, yet not take them too seriously (or not too "tragically" or something) at the same time.

Dion Burn said...

I'm honored, LL, that you read my entire blog. You have offered me a valuable perspective that I only regret not having sooner. I'm nearly ready to admit that what I've been feeling is love, the final hurdle being my reluctance to believe that I've made such a futile investment in such a valuable emotion. But, then, what choice had I?